HOOTIE

Saturday, June 23, 2012

6th Grader Visits Gamestar Mechanic Headquarters in NYC

Recently, Zeke D’Ascoli (6th grade) visited the Gamestar Mechanic headquarters in New York City.
Street view of 7th Avenue in NYC.
Gamestar Mechanic is on the 20th floor!
That is where they make the gaming website to which grades 4-6 currently subscribe. Here is Zeke’s account of the visit:
“They were extremely open and were welcoming to visitors such as myself. First, I was introduced to the staff. I met most of the GSM team (the ones that didn’t leave for Memorial Day weekend, anyway). After a thorough introduction and brief job description, I went to see some new sprites that they were working on. Sprites are what GSM is about, a story for each character.
After I saw the upcoming sprites, I took a look at a new game platform that they were developing. You can take a sneak peak of it at the E-Line Media web-page. I play-tested that for a while and then my visit had come to an end. I said my goodbyes and left, but not without graciously thanking them for the visit.
The most enthralling part of the visit was meeting the team who had made such an awesome gaming platform.”
 What an exciting day and a great entry into game design for Zeke!